The 5 step process we use
The process we get our clients to go through with us works like this:
- BRIEF / PROPOSAL - Tell us what is on your mind. What sorts of problems you are facing and the questions you have about consumers. We will sit down with you and share some options to get those answers. Then we will go away and prepare a written proposal that clearly outlines our thinking and recommended approach, complete with method, timings and outputs.
- PROJECT SET UP - We set up a kick off meeting to nail down project objectives and expectations. Ideally after this, we would like to spend a bit of time in your organisation to get an understanding of the business context. When we do this we are in a better position to tell you how to make the best use of the insights we get out of the research.
- FIELDWORK - Then we source and arrange to talk to consumers about their needs and their experiences. We might do this using in-depth interviews, focus groups, video blogs, on-site observation, or whatever method we think is best to drill down into how people think and behave. Our clients often want to join us during this stage so they get to hear things first hand. Our Director, Donna Bonde, plans and conducts the qualitative field research. Firstly, because she loves it. Secondly, because with this type of work the person who conducts the research is the data collection instrument and the more experienced they are, the more value they add.
- ANALYSIS & REPORTING - Armed with our raw data we figure out what's important for your business or brand and what's not. We apply a formal process of analysis to test findings and deduce insights. Then we recommend ways clients can respond to these insights and leverage opportunities when marketing their goods and services. We love pictograms, infographics and schematics. If we can tell our story in pictures we will. We find this style of presentation significantly reduces the size and complexity of our reports.
- DEBRIEF - We walk you through our report and make sure everyone in your organisation understands what we discovered and the ways your business can take advantage of our insights.